Sunday, October 15, 2006

WAITANGI

Kia Ora, With last weeks posting, a friend asked - What, where, when, why ? So been the good friend that I am, I went searching (his fingers must be painted on) on the web to have a look for a good website to to do with Waitangi Day.
I know the area like the back of my hand, as many a time I wandered the roads around Waitangi / Paihia, an area where I was brought up from about age 10 until I finished school in form 2. From there I went on to a year at high school, but I was still only 14 when I left. I was out of the school so quick, the door didn't even hit my bum on the way out. So yes, despite what you think or what friends tell you, I did go to school - well, some days I did. After all, friends had to have someone that would eat their lunch.

Anyway on with the story in hand.......... I found this website !!! There are a lot of things to see & do in the area. Have a browse, form a picture in your mind and close your eyes !!! Pretend that you are standing there.........on holiday !!! Watch out that you don't "trip" over the "pink pig" !!! Take care.

I'll be back..............