Thursday, August 10, 2006

Maori's Have Fighting Genes ???

Haere Mai / Welcome, If you are reading this, hold on to not only your seat, but also your "jeans" for you could be flying by the seat of your pants if you really believe all this s*** !!!

Who in NZ, read the article in the newspaper yesterday headed -
"Maori said to carry warrior genes" !!!

You have ??? Then leave a comment. If you haven't read it or live in another country, do a web search - maori warrior genes - to read more about it. A couple of news sites also have video.

Scientists claim that maori men have a "striking-over-representation" of a monoamine oxidase gene - dubbed the warrior gene - which they say is associated with aggressive behaviour and has been linked to violence; criminal acts and risky behaviour. The same gene is said to also have links to high rates of alcoholism and smoking among maori's.

Scientists also studied another gene, dubbed the thrifty gene (I don't think it is worth saving) which is believed to be related to energy conservation and responsible for maori making it to NZ shores in the first place. It is also said to have a link to obesity with a high prevalence among maori. It is said maori specifically conserved their energy for long journeys and because of this survived, bringing their "thrifty" genes with them !!!

The time & money they spend reserching the so call warrior genes would be better spent on finding cures for cancer and other illnesses that are actually killing people.

I'm sorry, but to me that is a load of s*** !!! I am maori and I certainly don't have any fighting genes in me, nor do I want to binge drink, smoke or gamble. All it will do is open a can of worms - it doesn't matter what race a person is, whether they be black, brown or white, you give someone an inch and they will take a mile. Look for a rise in court cases where the person claims, it wasn't my fault - it's in my genes - my warrior genes !!! The "gene" doesn't go anywhere near explaining the problems maori are said to have, except around the "s" bend.
They are now collecting DNA gene samples from maori's to work out exactly what role each gene played.

They are more than welcome to collected my "jeans" - they are hanging on the clothesline !!!

It's not the memories I have, it's the memories I leave behind